Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Late Father's Day!

I know I'm a bit late, but I want to pay tribute to the wonderful fathers in my life. Thanks to Greg, Sparky, and Willy for being such wonderful men and fathers. I am blessed to have you and love you more than you know!



This was our first Father's Day without my Grandpa Butch and I can't believe how much I miss him. Not a day passes that I don't think of him. Last Father's Day he was admitted to the hospital and it was just a few days later we discovered he was full of cancer and wasn't going to make it. When he was told he was dying, his first words were, "Saddle up Sammy." Grandpa went quickly and only lived for five more weeks, but he did manage to ride his beloved horse, Sammy, one last time. I'm so grateful to have been his granddaughter and for everything I learned from him.

2 comments:

Emily M said...

Cute picture of Derk and Gus. That was a really nice post. The part about grandpa choked me up. I too miss him every day and love him so much. We are so lucky to have had such an amazing man as out grandpa.

Megan said...

What a cute picture of Greg and Garrett with their shirts and ties! That is so precious!! I love baby ties.