Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Garrett!



This little guy is now four years old! I think the proper thing for me to say would be, "I can't believe he's already four. It seems like just yesterday they were placing him in my arms. Where has the time gone? Blah, blah, blah." You've heard it before and get the picture. I'm going out on a limb here and may sound like a really bad mom, but I feel like I have lived every single one of Garrett's 1462 days at least a few times. He is a good boy and so sweet, but he has a lot of energy and personality and it is an overtime job to keep up with him. Now here is where I get cliche and really mean it: I love this little guy more than I could have ever imagined and can't imagine my life without him in it. I am so grateful to be his mom and cherish every day I get to spend with him, but I will admit I definitely go to bed exhausted every night.




All About Garrett (In His Own Words)


Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Song: Follow the Prophet
Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham
Favorite Movie: Mary Poppins
Favorite Toy: Play-Doh
Best Friends: Atley and Mike (Garrett has lots of little friends, so this cracked me up because he only sees both of these people a couple of times a year. I guess they both make big impressions in little amounts of time!)
Favorite Thing about Pre-School: Being nice to Grady and Kade (We may or may not have had a few discussions about this)
Favorite Food: Pears and Pizza
Favorite Ice Cream: Vanilla (or BA-nilla as he usually says)
Favorite Thing about Church: Reading Stories
Favorite Restaurant: Fredrico's
Favorite Animal: Alligator and Crocodile
Favorite Holiday: Halloween (He said Christmas first, but thought about it for a minute and made sure I changed it to Halloween. Yes, he still wears his spider jammies and pumpkin shirt frequently. Choose your battles, right?)
Favorite Treat: Oreos
Favorite Thing to Do: Watch movies and not say bad words




To sum it all up, I think his Primary teacher said it best today when she told me, "Garrett just needs to be on The Little Rascals and pal around with that bunch. He would fit right in."
That's our boy.


5 comments:

kristen said...

Happy birthday Garrett! What a cutie.

kristen said...

I meant to write more, sorry...
I really love your family pics. So beautiful! I also loved how you referred to taking care of Garrett as "an overtime job." Not just a full-time job, overtime. Well put. :) He sounds like a wonderful little guy. His heart and mind are definitely in the right place.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! He is such a little man. Heartbreaker :)

Emily M said...

Oh Garrett!! That kid kills me- it is never dull when he is around! We sure do love our Gus! Happy Birthday Buddy!

Brett and Chelsea said...

I love his answers to all of your questions. What a 'little rascal'! It was fun to talk to him on the phone the other night. What a goofy boy.