We've been having a fabulous February around here! Abby is rockin' it in her tutu/cowgirl boots and Garrett is a master bubble blower.
Abby got this Snow White dress for her birthday and she is in love! She wants it on every morning as soon as she wakes up and then asks to watch Snow White so she can sing and dance along. She also loves to accessorize with bracelets, headbands, tiaras, high heels, cowboy boots, etc.
We had a great Valentine's Day! I have always loved Heart Day (even when I was single) and think it's a great opportunity to celebrate all kinds of love--not just romance. Greg and Garrett spoiled Abby and I with beautiful flowers! Watching Garrett run in and give his flower to Abby was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.
We knew the kids would be getting plenty of candy (like the ring pops they are eating in this picture), so we got them new paints and stickers instead. They enjoyed testing them out while I made dinner.
No Valentine's Day celebration would be complete without heart-shaped Jell-O Jigglers!
A blog I absolutely love posted the suggestion to set a "fancy" Valentine's Day table. It honestly took me maybe 10 extra minutes to set this up, but the kids loved it and it made the day seem extra special. Greg got home from work just in time to eat dinner with us for 15 minutes before heading to Scouts. (Who has Mutual on Valentine's Day? Clearly a woman didn't plan that--haha!)
My sister and I copied this idea from another favorite blog and made these fun envelopes for our families. We left little notes and surprises in them for everybody in the days leading up to the BIG DAY. I love all holidays and think any chance to make life a little more exciting should be capitalized on!





1 comments:
Those are really fun ideas..and how fun for your kids! You are such a cute mom to those little kiddos.
Post a Comment