Friday, May 21, 2010

Garrett's First Horse Show

Garrett and Airplane participated in the Black and White Days Horse Show on Saturday. It was so fun and the little cowboy sure made us proud!

Aunt Chelsea helped to get Airplane all prettied up and ready for the big event. (While Garrett helped get Chelsea all prettied up and ready for the big event.)
Proud parents with our boy.


The show! It was pretty thrilling and consisted of Greg leading Garrett around the arena about a million times. They were moving targets and good pictures were hard to come by.

This poor kid! His dad thought they'd show everybody up by riding bareback. Great plan--until the pony bucked the kid off about ten times. Luckily he didn't have too far to fall!
More riding action.

Garrett's very own cheerleader and biggest fan.

We put Abby on the horse to get a picture with Garrett. Garrett took his job of holding Abby very seriously and grabbed her right around the neck and held on for dear life. It was pretty funny.

Well look at that! They even won a blue ribbon--YEEHAW!!! (Okay all of the kids won a blue ribbon, but we won't tell that to Little G when he's older.)
The victory lap!
For your viewing pleasure...




"He's our little cowboy, until the day the fences can't hold him and he'll ride away..."
Name that song! Anybody, anybody???

5 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW! Black and White Days. I completely forgot about those times. Garrett looks so cute riding around and I am glad he held on tight to his baby sister.

Emily M said...

Way to go Garrett- and awesome leading Greg!! I love the hold he has on Abby! He looks so cute on Airplane- now he needs a cowboy hat!

Jill said...

Glad to see you enjoyed Black & White Days! I wish I could have seen Garrett win his blue ribbon.

Becky Green said...

Oh, Garrett. I love this! He's so talented.

ericleep said...

Freaking Chris Ledoux Nat.